Other Advantages of Blogging
Even if a business doesn’t seem to be getting a lot of feedback via customer comments, it is still a good idea to have a blog, as Mark Schaefer says in his article “Ten reasons to blog even if nobody reads it.”
As Mark tells us, there are other advantages to maintaining a quality blog that should be kept in mind.
- Keeping a blog helps people find you online when they search keywords related to your business. Search engines will give your blog a higher position if it constantly has new content.
- Having a blog helps you stand out from competitors who do not have one. You can be the lone voice of authority online in your field.
- The content on your blog can be used in your newsletters, marketing campaigns, or speeches about your product or business.
- A blog can also be a place for additional advertising, though that should not be the main focus. Put ads in the sidebar, so that they are still visible but not the only content. You can also feature special offers for your product or service that are offered solely through the blog.
- Blogs are also helpful for “explaining the facts amid chaos” (Schaefer) in times of disaster. In addition, blogs can be used to ask customers for ideas about new products or improvements to existing products or services.
A blog is an excellent tool with many uses, and should be used to its full potential.